I had just finished watching “He’s Just Not That Into You” flick and it made me realized that a girl should not read between the lines excessively about the guy that she likes because chances are you are either receiving wrong signals or decoding the signs in a wrong way. Stop wasting your time to guys who do not waste their time to you. Do not be stuck in the state of waiting in vain or deciphering guy’s words & actions but in the end it will leave you wasted. Here are some of the things to know if He is just not that into you as quoted from the authors Greg Behrendth and Liz Tucillo:
- If he is not calling you (Men know how to phone call). Yeah right, stop hoping or worst expecting that maybe someday or maybe after few days this hot & cute guy will call you. Stop that delusion because if a guy is really interested with the girl after few minutes of dating he will definitely drop a message.
- If he’s not asking you out (If he likes you, he will ask you out). This is such an obvious sign that if a guy does not invite you for a coffee or date, then he is not that into you. Do not give your guy an excuse that he might happen to be a very busy person because that is not the way it is. A guy who is interested with a girl will find a way to ask her for a date.
- If he’s not dating you (Hanging out isn’t dating). There’s a big difference between these two. Dating refers to only the two of you going out for a dinner date or a night full of fun whilst hanging out is you are everywhere with whoever. If he is not dating you it clearly signifies that he doesn’t want to spend his time with you.
- If he’s not touching you (when men like you, they love to touch you always!). Men specifically are touchy nature. He won’t be shy to touch you in any places not unless you are his other woman or he isn’t proud that you are together.
- If he’s cheated on you (Read: There’s never been a good excuse for cheating). Just because there is someone who is prettier, sexier and good looking than you he has the reason to cheat. Hell NO! When a guy is into a girl, he will not have the courage to cheat because he values the trust you give him and stay committed to the relationship. If your guy cheated on you then he is not into you, break away from this kind of guy because he is becoming unworthy of your time.
- If he’s disappeared from you (Closure all by yourself). A red flag that any girl should not take this for granted. This kind of attitude is so rude and frustrating because why can’t men say directly to a girl that they do not like her anymore? Why make the girl assume and think things that will make the torture of her heart more painful and prolonging? Geez, men of this type are such a total jerk and stupid.
These are just some of the long lists that a man is not into a woman. And the lesson I learned in this movie is that girls should never assume that when a guy does something good or gives a positive feedback after the date. Because it does not necessarily mean that he is into her. A girl should know how to read signals and just reciprocate the feelings once the guy is overly persistent and consistent with his affection and actions to the girl he fancies. It might be easy said to decipher a guy’s feelings than done but girls should keep in mind that not all good things he has shown are good, some of it are just superficial or testing if his charisma works on you. Do not be delusional and live in the world of fantasy so that you won’t hurt yourself in the end.
*Excerpt from the movie that I totally love
Gigi: Girls are taught a lot of stuff growing up. If a guy punches you he likes you. Never try to trim your own bangs and someday you will meet a wonderful guy and get your very own happy ending. Every movie we see, Every story we’re told implores us to wait for it, the third act twist, the unexpected declaration of love, the exception to the rule. But sometimes we’re so focused on finding our happy ending we don’t learn how to read the signs. How to tell from the ones who want us and the ones who don’t, the ones who will stay and the ones who will leave. And maybe a happy ending doesn’t include a guy, maybe… it’s you, on your own, picking up the pieces and starting over, freeing yourself up for something better in the future. Maybe the happy ending is… just… moving on. Or maybe the happy ending is this, knowing after all the unreturned phone calls, broken-hearts, through the blunders and misread signals, through all the pain and embarrassment you never gave up hope.